Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Terabithia



"Terabithia was their secret, which was a good thing, for how could Jess have ever explained it to an outsider? Just walking down the hill toward the woods made something warm and liquid steal through his body. The closer he came to the dry creek bed and the crab apple tree rope the morehe could feel the beating of his heart. He grabbed the end of the rope and swung out toward the other bank with a kind of wild exhilaration and landed gently on his feet, taller and stronger and wiser in that mysterious land."


There is a place that weaves itself inside my dreams and imagination and threads its very essence into my every breath and being. And though I have a hard time trying to explain my passion for such a ransackle place, people understand that somehow I belong there. My heart gallops ahead of the rest of me when the summer nears. Life in between is just a waiting period until I can return there.
"You've missed it, haven't you?"
All I could do in answer was breath a quiet 'yes', my eyes taking in the wonder that I had been apart from for so many months.

Even now, far away my heart skips a beat when my thoughts turn to there. I thirst for it like I've never wanted for anything else in my life. My eyes go dry for want of tears that wish to roll down my cheeks. I find myself holding my breath on the slight chance that I may never be granted the gift of returning there again. I wish that I could sleep just so I could return there in my dreams.
It is my Terabithia.
It is my home.


No comments:

Post a Comment