Monday, April 27, 2009

This is my three...

So everyone says bad things happen in threes. Well, thanks to my truck getting broken into sometime last night by busting my passenger side window open and stealing my Ipod and transmitter, I have given fate my three.
First, a toothache from hell which needed a root canal immediately. (I only put this first because it started first)
Second, I was fired from my job for reasons I'm still unsure I totally understand.
And now this...

My truck was locked and alarm set (but apparently the alarm didn't go off, or maybe it did but no one heard it). I walked out to my truck 30 minutes before I was supposed to be at work (my first day.. first day, people!!) and saw the shattered glass. I'm not entirely sure what I did next but I'm sure it involved a few epithets of fame before walking back across the complex while dialing the number to my brand new job. It was my first day. And I had to show up late.
Sigh. They were cool about it though. Thank goodness.
Called the police who apparently aren't open on Monday's in this city. Since when does the whole flipping station get a day off?!?! I ended up having to fill out a report online. Called the insurance, and filed a claim. The boy was so very kind to wake up and drive my truck to the shop 30 minutes away to get it fixed as I went to work. It's fixed, but sadly I won't be getting my ipod or transmitter replaced or at least not until I pay off some of these other incidents of my run of bad luck.

I've paid my dues now, oh mother/father of the universe and dealer of destiny. Can't you leave me alone now?
At least for a little while, so I can finish picking up the pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment