Sunday, September 5, 2010

Lesson Learned

I think the thing that hit me the hardest when I actually got to camp that first couple of days was how much I actually missed the boy.
I don't get homesick. For anyone. Well, except for the pup.
And apparently the boy.
It took some adjustment that he wasn't just a phone call away and that I wasn't going to see him when work was done for the day. He wasn't there to describe the new experiences I was having, the new people I was dealing with...
I was a little shocked at myself how much I depended on having him near me all the time. And how much I had taken that for granted.


The big joke all summer was, of course, that I missed the pup more than I missed him. It wasn't true at all. I missed the boy desperately.

Sigh.
Camp is for learning about yourself.
Lesson learned I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment