Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hindsight always leaves me reaching for ice cream and alcohol.

So I just belatedly realized that I have been a college graduate for over a year already. Yipes!
It's crazy how fast time goes by sometimes.
It's a little depressing about how this time of years seems to be really bad for me in terms of work.
Last year, I started a job in January. Started to feel overworked and stressed in February. Got yelled at most of March and April. And left in May.
Now, here I am in February '09, getting in trouble and getting yelled at.
Am I really on a train to nowhere?
That's a scary thought.
How did I get so discontent?
It's been a year. Wow. I'm still in shock. It's not even that I feel like I'm getting old - I'm only 24. Though the mid-twenties is something I never though I'd reach. I feel like I should recap the year. I know this is something everyone normal does around new years, but I actually have the time NOW.
And it's my blog and I'll do what I want. So there.
Just Kidding. You don't have to read this. You can go ahead and click next blog if you want and find someone less crazy than me.
Go on.
Go on...
Still with me?
Are you sure?
Ok...

January:
I found a job as a groom for a grand prix rider. I moved all the way to Atlanta, Georgia. I got my very own apartment and everything. Though, I barely got to unpack since a week later I had to repack and learn to live in a camper with my English coworker (Otherwise known as English Lass) in Florida.

February:
I hadn't had a day off since I started working. I was getting tired. I found out that my English coworker was actually my English boss. Whoops. Got in trouble for that. (If someone had told me earlier, maybe I could have held my tongue a bit better) Oh well..

March:
Still super tired. Still haven't had a day off. I began wondering if that was illegal to work someone 14-16 hours a day without any time off. Yes, I said, no time off. Not even lunch. Living in such close quarters with my boss was getting pretty hard but the end was in sight. The big boss lady (Not to be confused with English Lass) started making fun of me for my college and my background. But by the end of the month I finally had a day off.

April:
We went home to Georgia. I finally got to explore the town. I got to take care of those awesome expensive show horses all on my own. I worked hard and tried to keep the barn looking clean and awesome. I got a haircut. But I kept getting in trouble for little stuff that I wasn't doing quite right.

May:
English Lass and Boss Lady came home after two weeks of being gone. I was sick at the time and so English Lass let me stay in my house while they brought the horses in. Then Boss Lady let loose. The stalls weren't clean enough. I heard her say every single curse word connected with my name imaginable. She called me down and screamed at me. Literally. That night, I packed my bags. The next morning, I cleaned the stalls that 'weren't clean enough'. And I packed my car and drove home.

So... my dates are a bit off as I found out as I was looking through some other older blog entries but you get the point. I did head home in May. The I drove across the nation to Northern California and started this job a week later.

May, June, July, August, September, October, November:
The honeymoon period. This job was wonderful. I had friends ready made. Everyone was so very nice. There were a few spats in there somewhere. And now here I am, just a little while later and almost ready to be fired. Is it me?
I've decided that yes, it probably is.

Sigh.
Sorry, this post isn't what I thought it was going to be. Maybe it'll work better next time. I'm going to go scarf down a bowl of ice cream and drink what's left of my wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment