Saturday, February 28, 2009

Jealous

I keep stumbling on these horse blogs lately and I find myself becoming rather jealous. They all are having struggles with their horses that they are trying to overcome.
Here I am. I work with sixteen horses every day. I get paid to do it. And yet, I don't have the same feeling with those horses.
Maybe it's because they aren't mine. Even my favorite horse out of the bunch that I ride all the time isn't mine. When I say they aren't mine, I mean I am not their sore source for learning, for loving.It's just not the same. I'm not in charge of anything.
Not a damn thing.
Sigh.
Sorry, I'm in a really crappy mood. I was trying to write something worthwhile but it's not coming right now. I hope the rain we're supposed to get comes quickly and hard. It would suit my mood.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever owned your own horse? It certainly has it's ups and downs. I also ride other horses and it's always something different. I love having my own horse, but he's not that talented and learning new things and showing is always a struggle. When I ride other people's horses they are usually much more talented and expensive and I'm able to do a lot more with them than I can on my own guy. But the relationship of having your own is like nothing else.

    ReplyDelete